Cacao has been traded across Mesoamerica for thousands of years. Based in Lake Atitlan, we source from Guatemalan rainforests reaching isolated organic farmers.
Learn more about Cacao here
Origin - MAMO AMOR
This Cacao was harvested from the Suchitepéquez Mountains of the Guatemalan Pacific front: the largest area of cacao forests in Central America during Pre-Columbian times. For millennia, the art of agriculture and hybridization was mastered in these mountains.
Through generations of alchemy, this cacao's flavour has been crafted to be fruity, acidic, rich in fats, and offer caramel bittersweet aromas typical to fermented ceremonial-grade cacao.
The 15 women of this collective reestablished an old regional tradition of cultivating Cacao in a beautiful way that provides their community with abundance and stability. The recent success of their delicious production allows them to develop their artisan workshop and propose an authentic quality of single-origin Cacao.
- Diversre criollo hybrids
- Fermented for 7 days in banana leaves
- Women's Collective
- Fruit forest village
- Abundance of rivers
- Altitude 550m
- Suchitepequez region
The superfood of all superfoods, Cacao—the dried seeds at the root of chocolate—is also one of the highest sources of magnesium in nature, full of antioxidants, calcium, zinc, copper and selenium. Cacao contains more antioxidants per gram than blueberries, goji berries, red wine, raisins, prunes and even pomegranates.
Certain plants with strong medicinal benefits are known to be master or teacher plants - Cacao is one of these plants. When it is respectfully consumed with the intention of self-transformation, it can have beautiful spiritual effects. It can act as a powerful heart-opener, connecting us to our intuition, the natural world and unseen guidance.
Though the sacred use of this incredible plant was almost forgotten, it is returning.
Its unique alchemy can awaken powerful creative energies and reconnect us to our highest human potential. It can show us the way forward when we're feeling stuck, it can transform fear, aid us in recognizing and releasing blocks, patterns, and limiting beliefs buried deep in our subconscious, restoring emotional balance.
Unrefined Cacao is full of antioxidants called flavanols. Eating foods rich in flavanols has a variety of health benefits for your body, including the following:
- Heart Protection - many scientific studies show that flavanol-rich foods help lower your blood pressure and improve your blood vessels' walls function, reducing your risk of heart disease.
- Improved Digestive Health - cacao contains fibre that bacteria eat to create fatty acid chains. These fatty acids benefit your digestive system. Drinks made with Cacao might also increase the number of good bacteria in your gut.
- Less Stress - research shows that eating dark chocolate can reduce Stress, which boosts your overall mental and physical health.
- Improved Cognitive Function - a specific flavanol in Cacao called epicatechin may help with some parts of brain health, including cognition and blood flow.
Ceremonial Cacao Recipe
- 1 cup of almond milk or any plant-based milk gently heated under boiling temperature
- 4-5 tbsp of chopped ceremonial-grade cacao
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- ½ tsp of Cardamom
- ½ tsp of Maca powder
- ½ tsp of Lions Mane Powder
- ½ tsp of Reisi Powder
- ½ tsp of Cordyceps
- 1 drop of rose essence
- 1 drop of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of Honey, Agave or Maple Syrup to sweeten if necessary.
Pop into a Vitamix or blender for 2 to 3 mins until it's well mixed & frothy. Pour into your favourite cup and sprinkle a few rose petals on top.
With true ceremonial Cacao, every block is a bit different. That's because it's not tempered to standardize the appearance like in modern industrial chocolate. It's just ground and poured into a mould to solidify. All the swirls here are natural patterns from the cacao butter. None of it is removed like factories do to make cocoa or cacao powder. We offer Cacao as close as possible to the ancient traditional preparation. The Cacao must also be toasted over a wood fire, not heated in a modern oven.
Ceremonial cacao dose per person/sitting;
- Daily intention dose - 15g to 20g
- Meditation dose - 28g
- Ceremonial dose - 42g